Hello! Oreos

I love love LOVE Oreos!
I cannot get enough of it! To be honest I can eat a WHOLE roll of Oreos (please don't judge!) while watching the telly, specially when CSI is on. That's what I like doing best having a CSI marathon, yup! you got it I'm a CSI fanatic, I watch all THREE versions ^_^
CSI or no CSI, Oreo cheesecake is another way of enjoying more Oreos. Each slice of this cheesecake is tangy and creamy at the same time. For the riches cream cheese sensation, be sure that everything is at room temperature to ensure that everything will incorporated smoothly when it's time to mix them all. With this cheese cake you'd get that rich, smooth and tangy cream cheese and the sweet crunchy Oreo cookies at every bite. Defintely a sure win with your family.

This being a no baked cheesecake, I'm still amazed how much I like it. This is the third time I made a no baked version and so far it haven't failed me. Although next time I will put more Oreo bits within the batter. That would definitely be heavenly!

OREO CHEESECAKE
Adapted from Food Magazine
Makes 1 6 inches

For the crust:

  • 3/4 cup crushed oreo cookies - I didn't remove the filling so that I don't need to add any more sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted

For the filling:

  • 1-8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 5 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tbsp or 1 packet of unflavored gelatin
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 5 pieces oreos or more this part really depends on how much you love your oreos
  1. To make the crust: mix the crushed oreos with the melted butter, mix well until resembles a course sand. Pour in a non stick 6-inch removable bottom pan. Press the buttered crumbs until the whole bottom is covered. Put in the fridge and make the filling.
  2. For the filling: In a microwave safe bowl, bloom the unflavored gelatin for 5 minutes with the water. Set aside.
  3. In a food processor bowl, pour in the sour cream with the room temp. cream cheese & the sugar, pulse until smooth and satiny.
  4. Set bloomed gelatin mixture in the microwave, zap it for 10 seconds until the mixture turns liquidy. Mix with a spoon and set aside and cool to room temp.
  5. Add the 1 cup of whipping cream at this stage, the mixture should really look smooth and creamy. If so add the room temp. gelatin and mix until it's fully incorporated.
  6. Crushed the 5 or more so of the remaining Oreos, the bigger the better to make it stand out in the white pale creamcheese mixture.
  7. Retrive the chilling crust from the fridge and pour half of the the creamcheese mixture and generously sprinkle the crushed oreos. Pour all of the mixture and level the top and ending with a generous sprinkle of the crushed oreo crumbs.
  8. Cover with cling wrap and let it set overnight in the fridge.
  9. Enjoy!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

11 comments:

  1. I'm one of those who can finish a roll too, then I get annoyed with the black bits in my teeth :) The cheesecake looks very yummy- you don't see many no-bake oreo cheesecakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! This orea cheesecake sounds sinfully amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man this is one of those recipes I still have on my To-Bake list. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks awesome! I wanted to make oreo cheesecake on the weekend, you've saved me sometime looking for a good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm just realised I don't see a recipe, would u be able to post it up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. is it okay if you can give us to recipe? :) i really want to try this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sorry forgot to put up the recipe. Here it is :P Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect cheesecake!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to make Oreo cheesecake all the time but mine never looked this beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:14 PM

    Hi could I ask what whipping cream you used if it's no trouble? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! any kind of whipping cream you can find easily in the supermarket nowadays. Anchor, President, Arla and etc.. As long as you buy whipping cream and NOT whipped cream in the tub. Because the measurement would not be the same

    ReplyDelete