My Sunday Night Ritual!

Every Sunday once the clock stuck 5:30 pm I'm glued to the tube watching Food Network on Lifestyle Channel. I don't mind the often reruns its still fun and very educational to watch Professional Chefs do their thing on TV.

I had the schedule memoried by heart first its Barefoot Contessa, then Everyday Italian, then my Favorite Ciao America (of course I absolutely love Italian Dishes espacially pastas. I can live without rice but don't take away my pastas!)


Ciao America is hosted by Mario Batali, for those who haven't been watching it, through out the show Mario Batali runs around America tasting delicious Italian dishes made by Professionals Chefs as well as by those Authentic Italian Imigrants. He goes shop to shop which are run and owned my Authentic Italian Imigrants, so you can see how the passion for good food runs from many generations. The show is eye popping with ingriedents, fresh and vibrant colored fruits and veggies absolutely beautiful. Its like a Supermarket Heaven!


I actually wasn't a huge fan of Mario Batali before this show. The first few shows that I saw him hosted didn't really appeal to me although they were Italian dishes as well coz I found that the ingredients that he uses weren't that easy to find and are a bit expensive. But as I watch Ciao America I really like the way the show was represented coz its like he's touring the viewers the ins and out of Little Italys in American, oh how I wish we have that here as well in Manila, like we have our beloved China Town. Hmmm....how long should I wait to have a Little Italy of our own...Ohhhh how I wish.... :)

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

2 comments:

  1. Hi :) I saw your blog since it was link to dessertcomesfirst. We share some things in common: I'd rather bake than cook (since I can only do scrambled eggs) and I love watching Food Network from 5:30-7:00 on Sundays. Looking forward to reading more posts from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hi crissy! nice of you to drop by..would love to hear from you in the future :)

    ReplyDelete