Tiramisu


As a celebration for ressurection of Jesus Christ I made a special dessert Tiramisu, its an italian dessert which literaly means "pick me up". Its a layer of esspresso soaked lady finger (locally its called broas, in Italian if my memory serves me right I believe its called savoyardi) layered with creamy cream cheese filling (originally I should have use the Italian Mascarpone cheese since its quite expensive I substitute it. One of these days, I'll use mascarpone cheese, I've heard that mascarpone cheese really makes a BIG difference.) The filling is topped with another layer of espresso soaked lady finger ....alternate the layering until reach about the rim of the pan using the last layer on to should be the filling. I top it generously with shaved bittersweet chocolate. And chill until serving. Hmmm... can't wait for dinner...
I've got this recipe of Tiramisu from a college friend of mine Richie, he's a fellow foodie like me. I believe he got it from his aunt or his grandma. Its titled Larry's Bar Tiramisu, the weird thing is I use the recipe everytime I want to make Tiramisu, however I don't know where is Larry's Bar and have no idea what an authetic Italian Tiramisu taste like... And come to think of it, I haven't eaten any kind of Tiramisu aside from the one that I make. Weird right? Another addition to my next food agenda...Got any ideas or suggestions for the best Tiramisu in town?

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

1 comment:

  1. Try Conti's Tiramisu! I think it's the best in town, at least in my opinion. They have outlets in BF Homes (tel. no. 850-5852, 8425265) and in Greenhills. You'll love it for sure, though yours looks yummy too! :)

    ReplyDelete