Marshmallow Crunch Brownie

Ever heard of the famous Magnolia Bakery? If you live in New York or have watched Sex and the City when it was still on the TV, you have and if you live in Manila ever been to Sonja's Cupcakes? They got the idea of selling different style of cupcakes from the Magnolia bakery in New York, I believe I've read somewhere that the owner of Sonja's Cupcake used to work in the famous Magnolia Bakery! I'm sooo...green with envy! The owner of Magnolia Bakery to this date has published around 4 books all i think are gorgeous! I on two of those the Buttercup Cookbook and More from Magnolia. Their latest cookbook entitled At Home with Magnolia, while I was in the Powerbooks (one of the largest specialty bookstore in Manila) one late Sunday night I chance up this recipe Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bar the picture looks so good that I was about to buy the book for that recipe alone then I'm embarrassed to say this but I'll say it just to get over it, as I was about to pay for it I realized that I'm low on cash! Nooooooooo!!! I tried everything I even took pictures of the recipe with my camera phone however to no avail all I can read is the title of the recipe, so sadly I left the book behind and left the store chest fallen.
That was months ago I almost forgot all about it. Two Sundays ago while organizing my pictures in my phone I saw the blurred picture of the recipe I took. Still low on cash, I took a chance and consult the internet and it was my lucky day the recipe is on the net its on www.bakespace.com I was so happy when I saw it and hurriedly gathered all my ingredients most of them I had on had except for the rice crispies so I went out and bought some and did the recipe its quite easy I can't believe it and when it was done it came out great! its the first time I made any kind and I'm so proud of it can't wait to share it with everyone. Unfortunately, I can't take pictures because my mom was on vacation and she had our camera so I was waiting for her to get back. when she did get back and was about to take pictures getting my camera all ready, as I opened the refrigerator they are GONE!!! NOOOO!!!! They were all gobbled up so fast in TWO DAYS! My family especifically my brothers ate them all up! Golly! they must taste really good for this to happen, I better try it again soon. Hopefully you readers out there would give this recipe a try too and hopefully you'll love it too!


Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars
This incredibly delicious recipe is another favorite in our house. Recipe courtesy of 'Buttercup Bakes at Home' by Jennifer Appel.
Brownie Ingredients:
* 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
* 2/3 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, divided
* 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 4 large eggs, room temperature
* 2 cups sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Topping Ingredients:
* 1 package (10 1/2 ounces) mini marshmallows
* 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 1 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal

Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate, butter, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips on medium heat. Stir occasionally while melting. Set aside and cool for 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, place the eggs and whisk thoroughly. Add in the sugar and vanilla. Stir the melted ingredients into the egg mixture, mixing well. Stir in the dry sifted ingredients and mix well.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and even with a spatula. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the corner of the pan comes out with moist crumbs. Remove the brownies from the oven, and immediately sprinkle the marshmallows over them. Return the pan to the oven for 3 more minutes. While the brownies are baking, place the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat, add the cereal,and mix well. Allow this to cool for 3 minutes or so. Spread the mixture evenly over the marshmallow layer. Refrigerate until chilled before cutting. Makes 12 3x3-inch bars.

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment