Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! Here in the Philippines the tradition of Trick or Treat is just starting to kick in. When I was a kid (oh may god! that seems like a decade ago!), I only see Trick or Treat on movies. Nowadays, kids everywhere are busy having their parents prepare their Trick or Treat costumes.

Since all of us are all grown up, yup even my picky little brother is all grown up (he's like 17!), I haven't yet experience that Trick or Treat buzz that seems to excite both parents and kids alike. I'm anxiously awaiting for a niece or nephew to dote on (well... have the feeling that kid will be spoiled by her/his aunt! Me!) LOL!


In celebration for this holiday, I bought a Wilton Halloween Themed cookie cutter, I'm not so fond of making cut of cookies, but I'm addicted in collecting them! Having a left over dough in the freezer from last month's Daring Baker challenge, I thought I'll make use of that dough and cut out pumpkins! pumpkins! The look so cute and adorable, but I wasn't able to decorate them with royal icing, was planning to actually however, when my brother said it taste bland well didn't want to waste my energy and much less sugar which isn't cheap here in Manila, I opted for the Naked pumpkin look. Hehehehe.....had fun making them, ahem...I mean cutting them out, hopefully next time tell taste great too! :)

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

2 comments:

  1. I don't make very many cut out cookies, either, but it's because I'm just too lazy!! I love your pumpkin cutter, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 PM

    love your blog, but i gotta say trick or treating isn't that new here.. im from the philippines, i've lived here my whole life and i've been trick or treating every year (i'm 23 now) since i was 2..

    ReplyDelete