Happy Valentines!

V-day is finally here, Valentines Day! Like in many cultures, here in Manila, men are busy buying flowers for their love ones and boy I don't envy them, not one bit! The prices of flowers are outrageous! I celebrate valentines day by baking more chocolates!
With my family on a diet/healthy phase, I'm out on a look out for low fat desserts. While browsing through the bookstore, I chanced upon Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by: Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero, I know you are thinking "but, you're not vegan?!?"
I know, I know...but then again, they are healthier than the full fat versions right, if they taste the same then, I'm all for it.
I've been browsing through this book for quite sometime, but just haven't had the chance to use it, here is my chance.
For my first time with this book or with any other vegan stuff, I started with the most basic, I believe it was called the Very Best Chocolate Cupcake, with title like that
who would be able to resist! Not a chocoholic like me, no sir, not me! With soy milk in one hand and a whisk in another, I gave this recipe a whirl. Might I say its a pretty easy and a breeze to make, basically just mixing the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. I was a bit scared because this is the first time I'm baking without eggs!!! Duh! that's why it's VEGAN!
But kept my fingers cross and continue on. Being Valentines Day, it had to be special, I went searching for those lovely, expensive, gold cupcake foil liners that I've been saving for special occasions. Lined up my tin and baked them, they turned out good. I cooled and frosted them with whipped chocolate ganache made with non dairy cream and sprinkle some 'lips' sprinkle, just the right touch for V-day! Happy Valentines everyone!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment