I LOVE Tiramisu

I must admit I love anything Italian, I'm very passionate about Italian food much less Italian desserts! My favorite among them is the Tiramisu, I think it's safe to say that I'm not alone in this, I'm sure many people share this particular passion of mine. What made Tiramisu special for me is that, this is the first dessert that I learned to make and really enjoyed it. This is the dessert that made me fall in love with baking. So this is my authentic
Having made this dessert several times, I'm embarassed to admit that this is the first time I use mascarpone cheese!!! Yes I know, tiramisu made with cream cheese is totally different from one made with mascarpone. When my sister went to Santi's the most known deli in Manila, I grabbed the opportunity and asked her to purchase some for me :) I even got the authentic savoyardi, Italian lady fingers, in the past I use local ones and there's a difference the local ones are more fragile than the Italian ones. I even got Kahlua and real espresso to make this. Sad to say got a wee bit carried away, I put too much soaking liquid, that's why my lady fingers turned too soft, but still taste awsome.
Now, I'm a fan of Mascarpone cheese! It taste like heavy cream but remove the liquid, eerrr.. does that make sense???

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment