Another Book Find...

I've been meaning to buy Cookies Unlimited by Nick Malgieri for quite sometime now, with most of the 3 major bookstores here in Manila going on sale the only thing that is stopping me is that I max out my credit card buying other cookbooks (so sad :o).
Yesterday my mom and I was in Trinoma (one of the newly erected malls here in Manila owned by Ayala) doing some light shopping while waiting for dad to fetch us. Intending not to buy anything because of my financial crisis, I went in search for Linda Howard's new book Death Angel for my sister. I was busy talking to the customer service lady cause I wanted to have the book transferred to other branch in Makati which is more convenient for me since I still have to ask my sister if she still wants it, she is currently out of the country.
While the customer service lady is busy calling the other branch if they have it, I wandered into the Have to Get Rid Off pile eer... actually they are not called that, just have no idea what to call it, they are books put on a table some are a bit damaged has some wear and tare, anyway I spotted this book on top of the said pile and I got so excited that I quickly snatched it off! Actually a lady beside me is about to reach for it, I think or I'm just paranoid that everyone is looking for that said book.

I know what you're thinking...

she is NOT suppose to buy anything because of her mini financial crisis! right? What is she doing getting all excited about a book, she definitely CANNOT afford to buy???


I have an excellent answer to that my foodie friends, I got unused points from the store and luckily last month when the said store is having a sale, I didn't buy anything with it. Now I can use it!!! It's like I'm getting a FREE book :D Gosh! I love it! I'm dying to get the spine cracking. Bye!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:05 AM

    Hi!

    I've been looking all over the internet where to buy whole wheat flour and bread flour here in manila. Do you know any place around here to get them?

    Oh, and is your cookie recipe adapted from Jaques Torres available for sharing? 'Cause i can't find the the Yummy article it was featured in :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Regina, I buy my Whole wheat flour and Bread bread flour in Healthy Options.

    I'll see what I can do, though the original JT's recipe is posted in Martha Stewart's website

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:59 AM

    Oh so that's where you find the flour! Thanks so much!

    As for the recipe i'll grab it from Martha's site so it's less trouble for you :) Thanks for the tip :D

    ReplyDelete