Peppermint Brownies



One of the reason why I love Christmas season is because I get to eat and drink my favorite Starbucks' seasonal treats which are the peppermint mocha frappe and the peppermint brownies. However, last year for some reason all the peppermint treats are gone???


What the??? What the h*** happened??? WHERE ARE MY PEPPERMINT BROWNIES!?! NOOOOOO.......


Clearly you can see I LOVE my peppermint brownies.


I'm lucky not to be one of those people who have an aversion with the peppermint chocolate combo. I'm also lucky that I happed to dropped by King Arthurs Flour's blog and guess what they made? GUESS!!!


Yeah! you guessed it correctly! PEPPERMINT BROWNIES!

I was so excited that the first thing I did after my dinner last night was make these! The brownie base was quite simple to make just a mixture of butter, flour, eggs, cocoa powder, baking powder and of course the peppermint oil. Luckily, I tend to hord baking ingredients so I've got peppermint oil in my pantry.

The batter seems a bit thick but in a 9x13 inch pan it thought the batter wouldn't be able to cover the entire pan, but I have managed to squeeze it in. The mint frosting is a bit on the sweet side even though I only used 2 cups instead of 3 cups. Where's the glaze you might ask? Well.... just call me Ms. Lazy and besides I was too exited to try this I didn't have the patience to make glaze. Don't worry because even without glaze they still taste great! I would prefer a thicker brownie base aside from that it's perfect!

Recipe can be found at King Arthur Flour.

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

2 comments:

  1. These look great! I love mint, so I'm going to try these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what I love about these is that every time I see a peppermint brownie it always looks way too extravagant. These, however, look simple and delicious.

    ReplyDelete