Sunday Spluge


I have a confession to make...

I'm a Shopaholic...

But I'm no regular shopaholic, I love to shop for books, baking equipments and out of this world baking ingredients...I'm always in a look out for good quality ingredients.


I've just recently found out through
Market Manila that Bacchus Epicerie is the local distributor of Valrhona chocolates! They sell them by the kilo! I was so excited!!! I know that they are quite expensive them being if not the BEST, they are definitely one of the best chocolate makers in the world. So I know I just have to have them!

Do I sound like an addict?!? Hopefully not, I'm just so glad I have them safely stored away in my fridge.
Inside the store I've got a WHOLE fridge filled with nothing else but Valrhona chocolates, different versions of it. Being not prepared for my chocolate expedition, I bought a kilo of good quality cocoa powder and a good quality dark chocolate. Any good pantry MUST have those right? So now all I got to do is where to use these exquisite ingredients.
While I was struggling, lugging around the mall those heavy chocolates, I saw espresso bean covered with chocolates!! Oh my, is this my lucky day or what?!?

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I saw those at Bacchus in Power Plant a long while back, but I could not justify the cost with the frequency in which I make actual chocolate desserts (not to mention, even in bulk, it's still cheaper to buy Valrhona in the States, sadly). Right now when I make one, I buy them in 300g bars imported from Switzerland at a reasonable price- P280. There are also French 200g bars (54% cocoa) for a little over P100.

    ReplyDelete