Sugar Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies


Being from a family of diabetics, I know that desserts and sweets are always a challenge specially if you are like me who has a sweet tooth, hence the name of this blog =D I have been experimenting for quite sometime now making my favorite Chocolate Chunk Cookies and and making these sugar-free version. I didn't change anything from my favorite Jacques Torres inspired cookies aside from using Slenda granulated and the brown sugar blends instead of regular white and brown sugar. I found it amazing that using Splenda, makes my tried and tested recipe behaves differently. Normally I just scoop the dough out and pop in th oven and after 12 minutes, the cookies would have spread and baked perfectly. With Splenda though you can see the side-by-side comparison below. On the LEFT corner is I just the scooped and baked. They look funny like hockey pucks! And on the RIGHT corner, I scooped, flattened and then baked. These in my humble opinion is how home made chocolate chip cookies should look like. Yum!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

8 comments:

  1. These look SO good! and who would ever guess sugar free?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use regular chocolate chips? My dad is diabetic and I want to make cookies for him but he wouldn't eat them with regular chips in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm ... :-)!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi katie, couldn't find sugar free chocolates here, i made these with regular chocolates

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastic...can't believe this is purely using Splenda! I have never tried backing with Splenda...how does it rate vs regular sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still prefer them with regular sugar. However since my dad is diabetic I had to make do with sugar substitutes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad is diabetic too, and I've been searching for good recipes. I find that they don't come out the same when you use splenda. Its tricky...either they don't brown or lack something. I've come across some recipes that call for Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. Any place here (Philippines) selling that? might do the trick for baking

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! What a great website! I intend on coming back a LOT! I just started a blog to journal my struggle to lose weight. I have been a bit hefty over the past couple years but just recently was diagnosed with insulin resistant hyperinsulinemia hypoglycemia. quite the mouthful huh? :) Basically I have sky high insulin & extremely low blood sugar which will turn into diabetes unless I make some serious changes and take medications twice a day. It also gives me hormone problems like PCOS. So all of my excuses for not losing weight went out the door and now i'm trying to kick the sugar habit and start a healthy lifestyle. i'm going to be posting yummy recipes i find along the way so hope you will stop by some time! addictedtosugar.blogspot.com

    i really do love your site, I'm going to start following and keeping up. There are a LOT of recipes for diabetics out there, but most of them dont look quite so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete