Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

Is it just me or do these Chocolate Peppermint Cookies look like a smiling monkey? Goofy I know ...

I'm running low on butter and our stove isn't working properly, so I was looking at my hidden stash of unbaked stuff in my fridge a.k.a. my leftovers :D

Luckily I've got a leftover chocolate ganache that I used for the last month's Daring Baker's event and the dough for the Mallow cookies that I didn't get to finish was there too. I went ahead and roll these babies out and cut them into circles. I just fount out something, I can't roll levelly! some of my cookies are really thick and some of them are really thin! Gosh! I really have to practice my rolling skills, of all the things!
Anyway, I just pop these in the oven and let them bake for 10 minutes and they are ready to be gobbled up but wait! For the filling I made another batch of the same ganache and mix it with the leftover ganache and add a drop or 2 of peppermint oil and yummy! I can just eat these as is! But don't worry I did manage to control my urges and the ganache got sandwiched between two cookies. Don't they look adorable or what? I think the sanding sugar added a bit sparkle and made it more special.
These babies are messy to eat with the ganache oozing out with each bite, but definitely very tasty.

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

8 comments:

  1. I'm the same with rolling dough! I may have to buy those little rings for my pin so I can do it right ;)

    And yeah, kinda does look like a smiling monkey :)

    Katie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rings sounds great!!! These cookies look fabulous! I love chocolate and mint! mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very MacGyver-y of you :) It DOES look like a smiling monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like a monkey. Nice shot! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and delicious looking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I was singing when I came across your blog, and I stopped dead in the middle of a sentence upon seeing those cookies. Yummy!

    Whoever first put chocolate and mint together should be sainted :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound wonderful! Chocolate and peppermint? One of my favorite combos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:01 AM

    I wish not agree on it. I regard as nice post. Particularly the title attracted me to be familiar with the whole story.

    ReplyDelete