In Shambles...

I hate rain, I have always hated rain. Now more so...
For the first time in 23 years, our house was flooded last Saturday September 26, 2009 by typhoon Ondoy. Our whole ground floor was submerged in flood. Everything got ruined the food, appliances, clothes, shoes, and my cookbooks. When I think of all the time I put taking care of those books and in a few minutes there are all gone. I'm not even sure if I could still use them once they got dry. I could cry when I think of it. So I try to avoid doing that and just be thankful that my brother who got stuck inside the house is safe. These pictures are how chaotc my house looks after the flood is gone.

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

11 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you had to go through this. I used to live in Guam and I know firsthand how devastating a typhoon can be. I know it will take time for everything to get back to normal but please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- I'm so sorry about the flood. It always amazes me how devastating weather can be. Please know I'm thinking of you and I hope everything gets back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aouch... Good luck with everything... Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the destruction, but at the same time glad you and your family are safe. I think the cookbooks can stand to be dried if you want to preserve the precious ones.
    http://www2.lib.udel.edu/Preservation/wet_books.htm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about the damage of your home, but thank God that you and your family are safe. I wish that I was there to lend a helping hand. You are certainly in prayers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie1:51 PM

    I'm sorry about what happened to you. It really devastated our country though we're fortunate enough not to be flooded. And I'm really glad you and your family are all safe.
    My prayers are with you as well as the other victims of the typhoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness. How devastating. I am so sorry you, you're family and others had to experience this wicked form of nature. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for all your thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, that's terrible! :( How awful for you and your family. It must be devastating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a crazy flood. Sorry to see all that damage caused to your home. Glad that everyone was safe though.

    ReplyDelete