I'm Back!

I'm very glad to share with you that I'm officially back! My oven is up and running, I was at work when I found out and immediately I got excited thinking of what should I bake?

Hmmm... Cake? hmmmm... brownies? Wait! I know! C-O-O-K-I-E-S!

Not just any cookies but my all-time favorite cookie (Oreos comes close in second), the infamous Chocolate Chip Cookies. I've tried several different recipes in the past (see here and here) and my favorite version is Jacques Torres Secret Chocolate Chip Cookies. I love making this version because it's easy and makes a LOT of cookies, approximately 3 dozen BIG cookies. Being a proud cookie monster and living in a house full of fellow cookie monsters, these will hold us for a week.
To make uniform and professional looking batches of cookies, use an ice cream scooper, these are a God sent! makes baking drop type of cookies like this soooo much easier. . These cookies are crisp on the outside and chewy in the middle. This version also used a LOT of chocolate, would have love to use chocolate chunks but didn't have chocolate blocks handy at the moment. A handful of chocolate chip morsels will do the trick, well...its actually more than a handful, much much more. But don't worry these cookies are definitely worth the indulgence. So grab your ingredients and start making these, your family will definitely love these just as mine do. Happy Baking!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

7 comments:

  1. YUM! These look great. I made these just a week ago and blogged about them. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...that's so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have baked these cookies as well and the recipe sure yields a ton of cookies! But they were a definite hit a the party when I brought them.
    I guess these chocolate chip cookies should be advertised as a peace making offering, they make everyone go "yeah, let's take another one, they are good!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looks soo good. Love it against the yellow container. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work across the street from Jacque's store in Manhattan. Talk about temptation every time I walk to work! And these cookies are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha... going to Jacques Torres store is in my Must See Places list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:13 PM

    Hi :)
    Those cookies look good! I was wondering, though, what kind of chocolate you use and where do you buy it in Manila? Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete