Simplicity at it's best!

In the office cafeteria that we frequently go to, there's a new establishment that sells this kind of dessert that my friends are crazy over. I mean, they are really obsessed with it, everyday someone have to have that. I actually understand the fascination with it, mangoes with generous cream filling interlaced with chewy graham crackers, what's not to love? It got me interested in recreating this at home, seems easy enough and with few ingredients, I get to enjoy this at the comforts of my home.

Did some research and found that this marvelous dessert gets it's sweetness from the help of condense milk, a whole can to boot! Whoa! that is too much for me and my family, it would be way too sweet, instead i only used 1/4 of the can. For the cream part I used all purpose cream which I was too lazy to whipped to give it more body. Hey! I got an excuse, can't seem to find my handheld mixer, seems a bit too much to lug out my KA mixer for a few cups of cream. Haha...all I can say is lesson learned, next time I'm making this, I'll whipped the cream lightly till soft peaks. If you're a mango fiend like me, the more mangoes you can get your hands on the better. For a more ice cream like texture, you really have to whip the cream till soft peaks to incorporate air so it wouldn't be too hard to eat.
Believe me this simple dessert is definitely worth the effort of finding those juicy ripe mangoes. If you're planning to serve this for Sunday brunch, be sure to whip it all up the night before, to give it time to blend together. This is definitely one of those time you have to be patient, but don't worry your patience will be greatly rewarded. Enjoy!
MANGO GRAHAM
adapted from MY San

  • 200g / 1 pack graham crackers
  • 3 tbsp. or more crushed grahams
  • 1/4 can condense milk
  • 3 packs / 375 ml all purpose cream
  • 4 ripe mangoes sliced or cubed
  1. Combine condense milk and all purpose cream.
  2. Fill the bottom of a 8 x 13 rectagular pan with whole grahams. Layer with cream then mangoes. Repeat process to make 2-3 layers, ending with a layer of cream.
  3. Generously distribute the crushed graham until the entire cream is covered.
  4. Chill for a minimun of 4 hours.
  5. Enjoy!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:28 AM

    Ooh...I like simple. Especially delicious simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recreating desserts, Haven't heard of this combination but it sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! This dessert is quite the hit among us Filipinos. I think it's Mango Float? Or Mango Parfait? that is the name they christened it with :) I too love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The simplicity of this is great, and it looks every bit as tasty as something fancier. I'm glad you shared your successful recreation with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love making this too!

    ReplyDelete