I ♥ S & R

One thing I find frustrating living in the Philippines is how difficult it is to find some of the baking ingredients like baking chips. Whenever I stumble upon Hershey's, Ghirardelli or Nestle's site, I suffer from baking chip envy. I even thought of ordering online but then with the expensive shipping fee and I'm afraid that it would all melt together due to the long voyage from the Americas. Luckily, S & R answered by problem. Not everything however its a start. I haven't been to S & R for quite some time now around 6 months or so, that's why I'm so happy when my parents and I dropped by earlier today. I spotted on some baking chips! I'm like a kid lost in the candy store. Since we don't often go there, I hoarded! I can't wait to give them a try. I even found cinnamon sticks that looks like cinnamon sticks and one of my favorite chocolate Raisinets! 
Christmas is fast approaching, I personally love Christmas, there are tons of Christmas related decors for sale and Christmas themed chocolates! I was so tempted to buy some but then by doing so I would only be torturing myself, I can't have chocolates in the house and not eat them! Oh...the sacrifies we have to do to be thin.

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

3 comments:

  1. im excited for christmas too! it's hard to find cinnamon in the phillippines? that is too bad! the chocolate doesn't surprise me though. i lived in korea and visited thailand, and i couldn't find good chocolate anywhere! lots of other delicious food to eat, but no chocolate. glad you found some supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! maren, there are a lot of eating chocolates here, however flavored baking chocolates are much harder to find. I'm still waiting for mint and peanut butter baking chips to get here!

    This is the first time I bought cinnamon sticks, I got loads of cinnamon powder, my godmother gave them to me, but I wanted to try my hand on using the stick variety

    ReplyDelete
  3. i llive out of the country too (originally from the USA but now live in latin america due to work) i totally understand the frustration of not being able to find ingredients you want. i LOVE thai food and trying to find those ingredients and sauces here in latin america is like trying to find a needle in a haystack! except when you do find it, you have to pay a fortune! :)

    i just posted on another post of yours. i was just recently diagnosed with something very similar to diabetes and have to cut back (almost completely off) of my sugar! which is a huge struggle for me because i also love cooking (AND EATING! lol) all kinds of desserts and sweets. i have a huge sweet tooth!!! this is a good reminder though- with the holidays coming up i can bake for other people! the baking and cooking is the fun part anyways! love your blog!!! keep up the good work!

    Love, The Sugar Addict
    www.addictedtosugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete