What happened???


As regular reads of this blog probably noticed that I love scouring second hand bookshops and look for a recent copy, eerrr...actually it's more like few months ago copy but anyway I still get them. During one of my expeditions I got all excited when I spotted on The Best of ATK 2011, I almost squeal and would have probably scared tons of people there, don't worry I managed to control myself and settled on just smiling from ear to ear :D I quickly went home and was reading it cover to cover. I had a hard time choosing what t try first but then again the chocolate fiend in me won and I made the cover recipe.

It was such an easy, breezy baking flow that I just couldn't believe it that it turn into something odd. NOT horrible because it was still very edible and quite tasty, however it just didn't turn out as I expected. The chocolate cupcakes are suppose to have this fudge filling in the center. While I was reading it I as doubtful that I would end up like ATK mag said so but since they have a test kitchen and the recipes are suppose to be perfect or near perfection. Setting aside my gut feeling I went ahead and did the recipe and guess what??? I was right! The fudge filling that suppose to be in the middle turned into a chocolate puddle at the BOTTOM of the cupcakes!!! Yikes!!! I got so disappointed in this that I didn't bother making the frosting and just feed it to my family au natural. It was a very messy eat but looks very promising since the cupcake itself is very moist and soft, I'll just have to tweak it a little bit...soon...after I wipe off this chocolate stain on my lips =>

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment