Fruitful Long Weekend



Over the recent year I've noticed that more and more Filipinos are adapting the custom of Trick or Treating with their kids during Halloween and for grown ups, different bars here holds an annual Halloween party. Even the malls here participate in such event. They would a lot one whole day usually Sunday where kids along with their parents of course could walk in each establishment and ask for candies. I remember when I was a kid there were no such thing. Halloween breaks usually meant going to visit our ancestors in the cemetery which translates to less time playing!

This year though my Halloween is less than usual, I got to participate in a contest called "Dress Up Your Cupcake" held by Enderun College. Enderun College is one of the prestigious school in our country today. I learned about this contest through their FB page which is a good thing that I subscribe to. This is the first baking/decorating contest that I ever joined and I was kind of a bit scared and intimidate. I mean the only decorating I know is with a pipping bag and make big swirls. I decided to just have fun with it and do the best I can. I got a week to finish my design that includes taking your picture while making it and a picture of the finished product. Then I had to post it in my Twitter or Instagram account. Its a good thing that I have both of those account so I can concentrate on my cupcakes.
For the cupcake base, I decided on two flavors, a red velvet and a chocolate cupcake. Red Velvet Cupcake because I was craving for one and there was a couple of blocks of cream cheese in the fridge waiting to me use up. Chocolate cupcake because generally speaking almost everyone likes, even loves chocolate! There's nothing wrong with that. For the look of the cupcake it took me quite a while deciding which one. I only got three chances and I want to make the best but I have to be realistic whether or not I am able to do the designs.

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

3 comments:

  1. I think your cupcakes look great! Really creative! And good for you for joining the contest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cupcakes, I absolutely love the one with the worm on top!

    ReplyDelete