Book Signing

As my regular blog readers probably know I'm an avid baking book collector and I cannot cook. What you may ask am I doing buying a cookbook? Well..I have a perfect excuse for that. I'm simply patronizing our own. Its all about Filipino food. Like any Chinese born in the Philippines aka Filipino Chinese would know, we often eat Chinese food because it suits our palate more and more often when we were young its our Chinese grandmother who cooks so its understandable that her repertoire are all Chinese food. Sadly, my granny already passed away year ago and she didn't write any of her recipes down.

Now as I grew older I realize that I have to be able to cook! Nothing fancy just something edible for my future family to feed. I start my cooking journey by reading through one of the most popular Filipino cookbook there is, Memories of Philippine Kitchens by Amy Besa and Romy Dorotan. Both of them are born in the Philippines but migrated to the US under different circumstances but both love to eat and open up a Filipino restaurant to celebrate their love for Philippine cuisine. I was fortunate enough to chance upon their book signing session when they came to Manila. I do wish more cookbook authors would come.


nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment