Ombre Cake for Matt



Today we are celebrating my cute as a bug nephew's 2nd birthday. I, of course the ever dotting aunt as well as godmother, have to make him something. I quicky thought of ombre cake! I've seen it around, its been popular in the bloggosphere for quite sometime now. Now it's my turn to make my version of an Ombre cake. I, of course the ever researcher googled and watch a couple of videos. I even googled what should the cake be, well since I'd be spending an hour or so with the design I wanted something simple for the cake. Simple but good! 

I quickly grabbed my ever trusty recipe binder. This binder contains recipe pamphets from different lifestyle courses from baking schools that I have attended. Mostly its from Heny Sison Culinary School but I also have few from Enderun, which up until now I'm thankful that I got them for free. The school is gorgeous by the way. If money were not a problem I would have gone to endrun. I have pamphet from my one and only class at Chocolate Lover and at CCS Bakeshop. 
Back to the cake, I was planning to make a chocolate cake but then everybody loves chocolate so that's not a challenge. Then I saw this butter cake recipe, its a buttercake what so special about right? Well, what got me intrigue was that the method is different from other butter based cake that I've seen. It took longer to mix and more steps in the making however with the rave reviews I got from my sister, I am very pleased with it.
Though my icing is something I have to improve, I used the non-dairy whipped cream though it taste good. Look how happy the celebrant is with his cake! Hehehe.. love this photo! Love you Matthew! Happy Birthday

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment