Korea Travel Mini

First and foremost, I have a confession to make, I'm a huge sucker for cutesy items and I tend to hoard albums like there is no tomorrow specially when they are on sale. For no other purpose than it was on sale and I can use them in the future. So my tiny apartment is filled with empty albums, way more than I know what to do with them. For that reason, I forced myself to finally get started with this mini album that I've been thinking of doing for the longest time.

For this travel mini, I chose to use the Gold We R Memory Keepers Instagram album. It's small and cute! whats not to love? Rather than buying more travel themed papers and ephemeras, I use my stash. I finally found a good use for my Kelly Purkey 6x6 Mon Ami paper pad. I used to hoard it and cannot seem to let go or decide where I should use it. Now with this album I found that once I got the hand of it cutting it up and creating with the paper is much more enjoyable. I also use embellishments from my Studio Calico project life subscription leftovers. Since this is sort of a big project for me, I limit myself into few items only so that I would not get overwhelmed. I also see to it that the embellishments and ephemeras that I use are mainly flat since flatness is the key to make them all fit! Lol! flatness is that even a word?


Since I am currently in my stamp phase meaning I manage to collect a lot of stamps in the past 2 years that I started project life-ing. Which is ironic because when I started I was like what am I going to dow with those? It's so wasteful and I have no idea what to dow with those. Now they are my kryptonite! Specially if its from my favorite designers. So with lots of stamps comes great responsibility of using them! Lol! ok I got a bit cheesy. Anyway you got what I meant, for this project I use mostly from Kelly Purkey's Clear Kelly line and her collab stamps with Christine Herrin. I just love how modern and how well their designs suits my style. I know a lot of people say that about their designs but I like to think that I'm special.
My favorite go to technique in stamping is stamping directly on the photo. In this instance, I used Staz On Jet Black ink pad.


I got too enthusiastic with this project that I didn't foresee that the 8 day trip we took got way too much photos to be able to fit into that one mini album. I was half way through before I realized my mistake and in the end. I just went with the follow. Now I got 2 albums for that one trip!


It took me longer than expected, a little over a month, to finally finish my first travel album! I am so ecstatic!  Its so unbelievable that I managed to finish it! Now I understand why people love to make mini albums. When I was making mine I get to reminisce and remember the actual event that happened when the photo was taken or why. It's like traveling back in time.

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, congratulations! Love your title pages, so colorful + full of cute embellishments!

    Pam x
    http://organizedbypam.com

    ReplyDelete