Pineapple...pineapple...



Ever heard of Pineapple Cakes? If you haven't its absolutely a MUST try! This treat was introduced to my family by my brother-in-law, who frequents HK and China, this is the ideal pasalubong. My dad also likes it so whenever he travels through HK or Taiwan, he sees to it to bring home some as well.
I don't know why its called a Pineapple Cake, its not exactly a cake per se. Its a small (approx. 1 1/2" by 1 1/2"), soft and crumbly butter cookie when you bite into it, the middle is filled with pineapple jam. There's a assortment of flavored fillings to choose like guava jam, kiwi jam but my favorite is the pineapple filled. Its not too sweet and its not sour just the right amount of pineaaple flavor that makes it very good.

Normally Pineapple Cakes are carefully individually packed in plastic with a sturdy plastic linning as to protect these delicate cakes from being smooshed inside the bag. So each treat is like so specially as you delicately cripped the plastic open, then you carefully bit into it hhmmmm...... yummy......

The ones in the picture are the fanciest that I have ever seen it in, Its like little gold boxes of pure sin!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

4 comments:

  1. Now you've really made me anxious - I love pineapples more than any other fruit but how on earth may I get such cookie in Poland??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...that's a good question but I have no idea coz we ususally purchase Pineapple Cakes at Chinese Delis or whenever someone visits China, or Hongkong or Taiwan we got it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember these cakes when I was little (I was born in the Philippines)!! I also loved the individual boxes they came in. Typical kid, always like the packaging better than the contents!
    I'm also a better baker than cook : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those... Just like how you're recently craving for chocolate, I was sooo dreaming of this pineapple "cakes!"

    They're called pineapple HOPIA in most bakeshops locally, right?

    ReplyDelete