Another Gems for My Collection

Ever since I was a kid I love to read I was and still am a regular bookworm. Now that I'm grown up, I still love to read and collect books, my room is full of books from romance paperbacks to baking books. Most women have shoe fetish or clothe fetish, I have a book fetish! I know that with the internet I can easily browse through and download recipes however I'm an old fashion kindda gal that I wan't that book feel and smell. Another reason why I prefer to buy baking books, the stories that accompany each recipes.
I specially estatic when bookstores here in Manila conduct SALE! I recently missed out on Fully Booked's (Rockwell Branch) sale two weeks ago I was so disappointed that when I heard that They'd be having another sale last week on there Promenade Branch I gotta be there! And I came and I conquered! :)

For days before my scheduled visit there I've been visiting amazon.com reading reviews, reviews and more reviews! I've been meaning to purchase The Making of a Pastry Chef by: Andrew MacLauchlan for quite sometime now finally I had a chance to do so and I'm so excited to have it I've read mix reviews regarding this book but I've desided that I need to have this as part of my collection!
Next on my wish list is the Kaffeehaus: Exquisite Desserts
Rodgers, I really want to travel through Europe one of this days. This book feature a collection of recipes coffeehouses in 3 most romantic places in the world. I'm curious to read all about it. Unfortunately, I didnt get to purchase it due to limited funds and because on my way to the cashier I saw Tish Boyle's new book called The Cake Book. This book is still in my wish list!
The Cake Book aside from receiving a nice review from amazon readers, I'm a huge fan on the author ever since I've read a Chocolatier Magazine years ago. I've always been impress with her recipes and the magazine itself. I have been on the look out for her Chocolate Passion book, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. So when I saw her new book now I did't pass up the chance to own this book of hers.
Hmm...I just realize that after graduating from college my baking book collection suddenly grew! yikes! I can't wait to get started on this new gems! My wish list on amazon keeps on growing and growing! I'll be very busying reading and dreaming about desserts these following days ahead....

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment