Ice Cream ... Anyone?


People are wondering ice cream duh...Why our supermarket is just a few minutes away and they have tons of flavor to choose from! My answer is its not the same...Don't get me wrong I'm not an ice cream snob, I love eating store bought ice creams however there are those times wherein there are amazing flavors that I can't passed up on, which isn't available in our regular supermarket.

Living in a tropical climate country having an ice cream maker is not a usual kitchen gadget that can be seen in every bakers kitchen. I admit I'm heavily influenced by the Food Network chefs who talks about how easy ice cream is to make. So I want to try my hands on it. I got my Cuisinart ice cream maker through my Godmother (a.k.a. Ninang) who leaves and work in New York, on her visit back here in Manila, she hand carried the ice cream maker throughout her flight! Thanks Ninang!

I've heard of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream before but I haven't tried the authentic Ben & Jerry's so why not make the next best thing...Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Book! I purchased it for quite some time now I'm having trouble choosing from butter pecans to chocolate chip cookie dough, after days of debating the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream has won. I've never been a fan of eating cookie dough but mix with ice cream its definitely something else. Making ice cream is definitely easy, the hardest part is waiting 20 minutes for the ice cream to churn inside the machine. Its the longest 20 minutes of my life! I kept thinking this ice cream better be worth it and sure enough it is! The ice cream feels so cools and creamy which is a nice contrast to the chunky bits of cookie dough distributed throughout the batch.
What I like in making my own batch of ice cream is that the ingredients are fresh the the ice ream itself is much creamier than the commercially make ice cream. This is definitely in my list of favorite ice crem flavor, hmmm...now I think about it, I think the original Ben & Jerry's would taste much better! ohhh wow that would be a treat indeed!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you. I just wanna say, I've tried Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream with Choco Chip Cookie Dough. Sarap nga, pero the best so far I tried is Haagen Dazs's Mcadamia Brittle. Sounds like a real simple flavor but its a real indulgence. Another one I really liked that Haagen doesn't carry anymore sa mga shops nila eh yung Banoffee Pie flavored ice cream nila. Sobrang sarap nun!

    Also, I wanna comment on your cheesecake bit. The best ones I tried so far are the baked ones with real Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese. A bit expensive ingredient but definitely worth it. No to gelatine - based cheesecakes!

    Ingats see you around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm..that sounds good :) i'm craving for ice cream na! have to hunt down Haagen Dazs...

    ReplyDelete