My #1 Cookie

Chocolate Chip Cookies are my all time #1 favorite cookie of all time. I prefer the thick, big and chewy compared to the crisp thin ones. Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of the easiest baked goodies that can be whipped up in a flash. Before finally settling on a favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, I've baked and tested sooo many recipes from that internet that I got a cookie phobia! (that was few years ago, now I got over my phobia and became a cookie monster!) For more than a month or so, I didn't eat or bake any kind/version of chocolate chip cookie.
On a hot, sunny laid back summer after while having my daily dose for Food TV, I chanced upon Alton Brown's Good Eats (one of my favorite show, so sad when it when off the air), he talked about the different Types of Chocolate Chip Cookies: The Cakey, The Puffy & The Crisp I'm like "there are more then one kind?" I was absolutely baffled and surprise coz for me chocolate chip cookies are chocolate chip cookies. Before watching that show I had no idea that it is so. The first time I watched that show I didn't get to see it from the start, I watched my TV like a hawk waiting for the re-run. Finally the cookie Gods were on my side, I finally caught the commercial stating when the re-run would be. I got my trusty VHS player ready and I've watched that show so many times that I lost count. Guess what? :) I got over my cookie phobia in a flash! I tried all three types of Chocolate Chip Cookies, I did trial and ever trying to perfect the taste and the look of the cookies. Even when I was starting out my Chocolate Chip Cookie experimentation phase, I never could never stand those tiny bite size cookies. I love those huge American size cookies (my brother loves the huge ones too, surprise, surprise)!
I remember one Christmas(during Christmas, selling baked goodies are the regular pass time of Filipinos to earn some pocket money), I tried to sell my cookies to my Aunt, she planned on giving it way to her clients, I gave her the quotation on how much it would cost. She was like "Ha! That's super expensive for cookies, you should make it smaller so that it would be much more cost effective" I'm like "Sorry Aunt, but no. Cause aside from the taste that's what makes my cookie different" Ever since that scenario, I'm not that inclined to sell my baked goodies to clients that look at the price and not the quality of the product itself. I mean, for me nothing ruins the warm, cozy, homey feeling that Chocolate Chip Cookie brings than a badly made one.

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment