Sugar High Friday #41: Sweet Gifts

This is the first time I would be joining Sugar High Fridays (SHF), what's more perfect about it is that I have the perfect one for this month's theme Sweet Gifts, hosted by Habeas Brulee of Is My Blog Burning?. For those of who have no idea what Sugar High Fridays is it's just like the Daring Bakers where in baker's from all over the world share their creations. The difference is in SHF every month there is a theme or a specific ingredient that should be use.
Ever since I've watch Jacques Torres on Food Network on one of his shows, I've always dream on having a chocolatier where everything being sold is made with chocolates. Ever since then I love going into chocolateries and study and oggle at all those shinny chocolate bonbons. So in my recent trip to Macau with my family, during one of our shoppong expedition, we walked passed by Godiva and See's candies. Godiva chocolates always look chic but what inspires me mo make this entry is See's Candies, they have this variety where some of their chocolate looks professional and homemade at the same time and it taste heavenly! I got to try the Angel Kiss, it has a marshmallow center and a toffee/caramel on the outside.
When I got back from my trip the first thing I made are Milk Chocolate Cookies and Cream Bark and a White Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bark. The recipe is very simple and straight forward 500 grams of chocolate of your choice, melted (I used milk chocolate and white chocolate). For the Cookies and Cream Bark I used a whole packet chopped Oreos and mix them to the melted chocolate, set aside to harden. When it hardens, I break off irregular chocolate pieces and put them in a pretty jar and eat them slowly :) For the Fruit and Nut Bark, I used dried raisins, blueberries, cranberries & walnuts (just about every dried fruit that I can find in my fridge), toss them together and pour into the melted white chocolate. Set aside to set then like before break off into irregular pieces and store in cool dry place.
Suggestion though with all the dried fruit I put in I didn't take into consideration the fruits natural sweetness, so I would suggest that use a dark chocolate instead of white or lessen the quantity on the dried fruits. Even so, this recipe is great for one of those chocolate craving, it's a perfect sweet something to nibble on :)

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment