Wheaty Scrumptious Chocolate Chip Cookies

What makes this Scrumptious Chocolate Chip Cookies different from all the other cookies out there is that its made with whole wheat flour!

Yup! you read correctly... WHOLE WHEAT!!!!

After my experience with the Devil's Food Cake, I decided to try another recipe using whole wheat. This time I didn't get a recipe from the book, instead I turned my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe which I adapted from Jacques Torres, into something a little bit healthy. All I did was substitute the flour with whole wheat variety and I even changed the sugars used to Splenda, since my dad is a diabetic and he loves to eat sweets, I used sugar replacer, which turned out good. The weird thing about this whole wheat variety that I made is the cookies turned out looking like hockey pucks! They are still soft and chewy but nevertheless they look like hockey pucks!!!!

Maybe next time I'll try a recipe from the King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking and see if they would turn out like hockey pucks too!!! hehehehehe....


nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment