Chocolate Chip Almond Toffee Cookies

I have been looking for almond paste everywhere! When I finally managed to get my hands on some, I lost the recipe where I want to use it! Silly me I know...for the mean time when I'm still searching for that coveted cake that suppose to taste like Almond Joy. I stumbled upon Two Peas and their Pod while I was doing my daily for now these cookies will suffice me, actually it's more than enough. For these I bring out the big guns, the precious and expensive almond paste and the Heath bits I found in the supermarket aisle during one of my late night supermarket binge.
With the aid of the almond paste, these cookies smells so good, they smell exactly like Chinese almond jelly (love these too by the way! ^_^) For an added bonus I threw in a couple handful of milk chocolate chips and off to the oven they went. The first batch came out not so pretty with their hump. I usually scoop by cookie dough out and normally the heat from the oven flattens out the cookies. However, in this case it didn't, I think it had something to do with the almond paste. Word of caution when making these, flatten the dough out like a cute little hockey pucks and everything would be great!
CHOCOLATE CHIP ALMOND TOFFEE COOKIES
recipe from Two Peas & their Pod
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3 ounces almond paste
  • 2  large eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped toffee
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together with the beater blade for about two minutes.  Add the almond paste in pieces and mix until well combined. Add in eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
  4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients slowly mix until dry ingredients disappear.  Stir in toffee and chocolate chips. Scoop dough onto prepared  baking sheet with a medium cookie scoop.  Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the outside.  Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
*Note-if you don’t have homemade toffee, you can use chopped up Heath or Skor bars.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

4 comments:

  1. oo, these look so so good! i love almond paste too, whenever i buy it i never want to actually cook with it though! i just want to slice it up and eat it all by itself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. really??? I didn't know that almond paste is edible by itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so yummy! And I can just imagine how good your kitchen smells with that baking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delish! Almonds, toffee, and chocolate chips... what more could anyone ask for:)
    -E

    ReplyDelete