Little Girl Scout

 I have always been fascinated by the great outdoors, I remember when I was in six grade my school announce that there will be a girl scout club! I was so excited and wanted to join asap, however the clincher is there would be no out campus camping or anything. The camping would have been held at the school roof top! Ugh..such kill joys I know. Now as a grown up, I understood. Think about having 20-30 children in the wilderness? That would be pure chaos! Those poor city teachers wouldn't last a day..let alone a night.
For that inner child me that always wanted to go on a camping trip and sit by the bonfire roasting marshmallows, I made a special treat a Brownie S'mores! What could be better? More marshmallows! I've seen them everywhere in the "blogosphere", it seems that a lot of people has a fascination for these gooey goodness. who can blame them right? I certainly can't because I'm one of them! If you like marshmallows like I do, be certain to have some extras handy, more than what the recipe called for since they are ever so tempting to just pop in your mouth! :D
This recipe perfect for anyone who doesn't have any kind of mixer, everything is doable by whisk and spatula. It can even be done with a wooden spoon! Yes its that easy. This is one of those, one bowl kind of thing, you just have to have the 3 main components of a good s'mores: chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows. This is excellent for those lazy Sunday mornings when you just want to have something fun and laid back for brunch or dinner. I must admit given a chance to redo this which I'm sure in the near future I would. I wouldn't put the marshmallows all at once since they turned out way too dark for my liking. Still taste good and gooey but definitely not the look what I as looking for. 

S'MORES BROWNIES

Adapted from Home Baked Comfort
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 10 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 1/3 cups cake flour
  • 3 Tbsp natural cocoa powder
  • 6-8 whole graham crackers, crushed in your hand
  • jumbo or 12 regular size marshmallows 

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a 9-by-13 inch baking dish.
    2. In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring often until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in sugars. Then whisk in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla and salt.
    3. Sift the flour and cocoa over the chocolate mixture. Use a rubber spatular to stir just until blended. Stir in crushed graham crackers. Pour into dish, spreading evenly and top with marshmallows.
    4. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool and cut into gooey squares.

    nikcreate

    I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment