Off to Pastry School

In the next few months I'll be going to pastry school! How exciting! I'm now broke but heck its now or never! I've been thinking about going to pastry school for several years now, I know I don't have to go to pastry school to be a pastry chef. However, you know that feeling that something is missing? I bet that those self taught pastry chefs out there would chastise me for wasting my money. That I should just apply for a kitchen position and learn from there. Honestly, remember those geeky classmates you have during high school who loves to go to school and is never late and always wants homework? Well.. in baking I'm like that. I want to learn how things are done the proper way not just haphazardly. I want to learn the basic proper techniques and personalized it to my preference when I already know how it should be done. I thought it over millions of times and thought heck I only live once, might as well do something that I love.

I cannot wait to get started! Though I'm dreading walking up early, I'm still excited to wear my chef's coat and be elbow deep in butter! I'll try to chronicle my pastry school adventure through this blog as often as I can for my fellow readers who cares.

Pastry school here I come!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment