Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

I recently bought a bigger ice cream scooper, I was quite excited to give it a try. I think I finally made chocolate chip cookies that I can be very proud of. These cookies are the biggest cookies that I have ever made around 3 1/2 to 4 inches in diameter and loaded with chocolate chunks and walnuts. This is very loosely based on Jacques Torres' recipe that was featured in Martha two years ago. This is basically this cookie made bigger, chunkier and better.
My Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies are a bit darker than my usual cookies because some of the chocolate bits got melted while waiting for their turn in the oven. Yes folks, it's that hot here, this is the hottest summer we ever have. I was planning to buy Nestle chocolate chunk, quite recently I noticed it available in my supermarket. But then for the price it doesn't seem worth it to spend so much on chocolates for this recipe because I used more than 1/2 kilo (approx. 600grams)of chocolates. I used our regular local dark chocolate and it went well. Just remember to cut the chocolates in HUGE irregular chunks as well as the walnuts.
As shown in the photo every mouthful, you'd get a piece of that chocolate and walnuts. I somehow have adapted walnuts as my favorite nuts. They are excellent paired with chocolates makes it more delicious and much more special. It also brings back childhood memories of eating store bought Chips Ahoy or Soft Batch.

p.s. I love my new ice cream scooper and it's cheap too!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment