After my unsatisfied attempt in making the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies, I return my my tried and tested Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies. This for me is the ultimate cookie experience its soft yet chewy, sweet but not sickly sweet just right and in every bite there is a chunk of chocolate to munch on. The original recipe called for Jacques Torres special chocolate, however living in the Philippines, thousand of miles away from NYC, I just grab the best chocolate I can afford and roughly chopped them, taking into consideration not to chop them too finely so that every bite there is a huge chocolate morsel.
This is one of my family's favorite cookie, whenever I don't bake for a long time, my little brother always ask me to make this, my cousins love this cookies too! That's how good they are able to satisfy everyone's cookie preference. These are best eaten with cold glass of milk, it's a classic. Make this at once and it will probably be part of your family's favorite cookies too. YUM!
JACQUES TORRES SECRET CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons pastry flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 pounds Jacques Torres House (60 percent cocoa) Chocolate or other best-quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats; set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate; mix until well combined.
3. Using a 4-ounce scoop for larger cookies or a 1-ounce scoop for smaller cookies, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 20 minutes for larger cookies and about 15 minutes for smaller cookies.
4. Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.