Day 4: Cakes Anyone?

Cakes, Cakes, Cakes and more Cakes!
Pies, tarts and quiches check! Now its time for Cakes! Yes! I love cakes! Making and eating them. Cakes for me is so special because it symbolizes a celebration. It could be a birthday, wedding or just plain family gathering. When there is cake, its usually a fun day. Let the day begins!

This Saturday was all about cake, Basic Cakes to be exact. Unlike my previous class there is no special unwanted event that happened. Its straight forward, Chef Heny taught us how to differentiate fat cakes from foam cakes. Fat cake, sounds so hideous when you hear it but it simply means it uses butter, while foam cakes uses oil. It all sounds so complicated at the start but as the days progresses it all because clearer to me. The cakes taught in this session are the building blocks of all cakes, once you've mastered the techniques you can do all sorts of cake because its basically the same technique but with different flavors. From the pictures you can see that we made a lot of different cakes partner with all sorts of frosting.

Making a cake under the watchful eye of Chef Heny is a bit intimidating but as she said before we started, when she calls our attention or correct us don't get too sensitive about it because she wants us to learn and we can do so by learning what we did wrong.
Chef Heny showing us how to decorate my Mocha Cake!
Up next is all about Basic Cake Decorating! I can't wait!
Posing with my Mocha Cake and my classmate May

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment