Day 5: Frosting Everywhere!

Last Saturday we were taught the Basic Cakes, this week was all about Piping Techniques. Its a hard and dirty job but someone has to do it, and that job falls into our hands. It takes a lot of practice but then again, as people always say "We eat with our eyes first". Its one of those frustrating things that you "have" to know if you want to go into the cake business because who would want to eat an ugly boring cake right? I remember when I was a kid I always get the slice of cake with all the  sugary flowers. I didn't care much about the chiffon cake, what I wanted was the frosting and the pretty flowers. 


Its very messy learning how to pipe each design properly and correctly. Frosting is everywhere! on my clothes, on my skin, on my face, on my camera! Its a good thing that my camera is the waterproof kind, I can wash off all the sticky frosting. My classmate who is taking up the culinary version of my class, is having a hard time doing all the swish and swirls. He said he doesn't have a patience to do this. Haha... Imagine doing 5 cakes or let alone 10 or more cakes like this? As for me? I love it though my hand hurts after all the pipping I can imagine making a cake and people would be like how did you that? I bet that feeling would be awesome! 

Sad thing about this Saturdays lesson though, we didn't have any cake to take home! Next week, we will meet again! Hello Pâte à Choux!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment