Magazine Mondays: Cream Cheese Cookies

Magazine Mondays is here. It's created by my favorite blogger Ivonne of Cream Puff in Venice. Its actually a great idea because through Magazine Mondays events, I would be force to dig up my old magazines and finally make some of the recipes that I have marked way way back. I have stacks and stacks of food magazines both local in my room. My mom even noted that my room looks like a library with all the books and the magazines everywhere. Ever since the tragic storm that destroyed all my cookbooks, I've been storing everything in my room. ^_^ With so many choices to choose from I didn't know where to start.
For my first Magazine Mondays event, I chose a recipe from Martha Stewart Holiday 2005. Foreign food magazines tend to me expensive here, so I usually get mine from a used bookstore for only 1/4 its price, although its now a back issue when I do get it. I love the thrill of hunting for issues that I like. I bought this copy off ebay months ago, now as I was browsing through it I realized something. This recipes in this magazine is exactly like the recipes in the Martha Stewart Cookies book! I'm so glad that means I don't need to buy this book again! hahaha...although some recipe found in the book might not be in the magazine, I don't seem to care :)
I chose this cookie because I was intrigue because the main ingredient is cream cheese. I have lots of leftover cream cheese from all the holiday baking I did but didn't get to use all. And another plus is that it uses walnuts. I love walnuts, this is one of my favorite nuts. It's a slice and bake recipe meaning after mixing everything together. The cookie dough is shaped into a log and put in the fridge until it's cold so it's easier to slice.

To be honest I have trouble with the slice and bake method, I can't seem to cut them evenly! It's driving me crazy! I'm such an OC person and when I see those crooked cookies, they seems to be taunting me! hahaha.... I know I weird ^_^

But seriously, they taste good, like a shortbread but softer and they taste very rich.

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

6 comments:

  1. Those look delicious. I just found a copy of the recipe and will be making these for my soldiers next month! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, so glad you joined MM! Personally, I think as long as the cookies taste good nothing else matters! They look pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah they definitely taste good. At first bite it taste abit odd, but then I took another bite and they taste good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole,

    I came across your site on Cream Puffs. I'm a lawyer who also dreams of life in the kitchen (going to Le Cordon Bleu cookery school in March). Was wondering if you would like to exchange links?

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS Fogot to mention my blog name

    A Taste of Savoie

    http://atasteofsavoie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete