Eagerly Waiting

It's been months since I made my cookbook wish list, 6 months to be exact. In the span of those months I manage to acquire most of the books in my list and some others that were not there. Honestly, when it comes to buying cookbooks I can be quite extravagant but only when I know who the author is and I'm sure the book would be great. I eagerly awaits for the local bookstores here to have those books and when their on sale. It's one of my happiest days! I know, I'm weird that way. I read them like novels, I have stacks of them beside my bed at my dorm room and I have a different stack at home. Sometimes, I even lug around these books so I can use them. Flipping through these gives me contentment and it relaxes me and continues to inspire me. Some might say why not check out recipes online? I do! however not all recipes from a good book are posted online and scanning through millions of pages is not the same as flipping though pages while on my bed and watching the telly. 

My fall cookbook buying started with Baked Elements, Pie It forward and Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones. Then my sister and I attended the biggest book fair of the year and I manage to haul in 3 huge books! Then I told myself to stop buying cookbooks because THE most important cookbook is about to arrive soon...

Currently I'm waiting for FOUR books I bought from my favorite online bookstore. For those who are dying to know, I got (1) Bouchon Bakery, (2) Standard Bakery Co. Pastries, (3) Baking Out Loud & (4) The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook. Hopefully these would last me for several months. I still have to wait 3 more weeks!! This is one of the longest wait I ever did!

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment