Bakery Fair 2015

Bakery Fair is held every other year and I have been to the fair 3 times in a row now. Bakery Fair is held at the World Trade Center in Pasay City, it started January 30 to February. The who's who of the culinary industry is there, there are a lot of manufacturers that held mini demos in their perspective booth showcasing their new products. The are lots of machineries needed for baking and factories. I of course was there to ogle on the latest in the baking industry. I went window shopping for what I would need in my future pastry shop. Good thing though that I was able to drag Emy there, he get to carry most of my loot! After 5 hours of walking around the showroom, he cried uncle and we went in search of food!

My favourite find were these cake decorating books by Sharon Wee and Carlos Lischetti. Actually the night before I emailed Sharon asking about her book, the next day I found out that someone from the Philippines will be carrying her book! Then I saw it at the Bakery Fair eekk!! So excited!!! One of the biggest purchase that I got is The Mat. I've seen (on youtube) and heard so many great things about it that I just have to try it. Stocked up on various colors too! It was way cheaper there. Now that I think of it that is the only purchase that I got at a discount. The other items are just the same price though. Another thing that I'm excited about is the LorAnn Red Velvet Emulsion, its suppose to save you a step when making red velvet cakes. Though admittedly I've read both good and bad stuff about this and I just want to give it a try.

All in all, it was a fun but very tiring and productive afternoon till the next fair.

nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment