Day 1: Kitchen Sanitation


Woke up earlier than usual since most Saturdays I want to sleep in. Not this Saturday though, this day is more special because today id the first day of pastry school! I've been waiting for what seems lie forever and now the day has come! Love it!

Our instructor Chef Vivian Syyap, she studied in CIA, New York and had several cooking stints in other US states before deciding to come back here in Manila. Now she is an instructor, consultant and a private chef. Our major topic for the day is Kitchen Sanitation, the do's and don't. What is proper and what is not. After listening to this class I grew more diligent in washing my hands :D I'm also now more informed why such things as food contamination happens. yikes! 


She also introduced us to different kitchen paraphernalia as you can see in the photos below. Not that I remember most of them, its quite nice knowing what they are for.

Till next week! Its all about Custards, Puddings & Soufflés!


nikcreate

I'm a nine to five pencil pusher who loves to play with flour and paper during my free time. Dreams of going to Europe and eat croissants and make pastries all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment